Low energy landmark
We’re driving energy and water savings with leading-edge building services engineering encompassing mechanical and electrical, public health, communications, fire and security systems. Our client is the Dubai Pearl FZ LLC consortium, led by Abu Dhabi’s Al Fahim Group.
Dubai Pearl will be 18% more energy efficient than required by performance benchmark ASHRAE 90.1 and is designed to achieve a Gold rating under the internationally recognised LEED sustainability assessment system.
- Solar thermal energy panels will produce domestic hot water
- High performance façade will minimise solar heat gain
- Carbon dioxide sensors will control ventilation, maintaining good air quality
- while minimising thermal energy losses through excessive air exchange
- Energy recovery on air handling units will capture coolth from exhaust air
- Centralised chiller plant will provide comfort cooling to the entire
- development – 40% more efficient than conventional air conditioning
- 100,000cu m of condensate from dehumidification of fresh intake air will
- be used to feed the chiller plant and for irrigation
- Power will be saved by daylight and occupancy sensitive lighting controls, low energy LED fittings and automated shading