We’re currently offering the opportunity for undergraduate placement students to gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in human resources.
Working at our Head office in Skipton, North Yorkshire, this is a great opportunity to gain a real insight into the role of an HR professional, in a busy, faced-paced environment. Working with a supportive team around you, the role will equip you with skills that will stand you in good stead to tackle your last year at university and a career in HR in the years thereafter.
What you'll do:
- Liaise with employees across the business, from site operatives to directors, to provide support on any issues.
- Organising and managing new starter induction days.
- Helping employees utilise their benefits, including private health care and the ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme.
- Keeping records of absence, monitoring the ‘return to work’ process.
- Run reports on holidays, working time, absences and timesheets and provide data for management reports on such topics.
What we'll offer:
- A fantastic development scheme with a view for you to return to us as a graduate.
- Competitive financial package including a final year sponsorship opportunity.
- Opportunity to work within a family-feel organisation with over 1250 employees.
- Wellbeing Package.
- A turkey at Christmas (or vouchers).
- Flexible start date.
What you'll bring:
- You must be studying a full time business degree related to HR and be eligible to work in the UK.
- A friendly, polite approach to work, with great communication skills - the team is supporting the business and its people after all!
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills with the ability to juggle numerous projects simultaneously.
- Great teamwork skills - you'll be a key part of the HR team - but you'll need to be able to work independently and have the ability to prioritise your workload effectively.
- A sense of humour whilst juggling a number of different tasks.
- A strong work ethic.