Crossrail will increase London’s rail transport capacity by 10%, support regeneration and cut journey times across the city. There will be 38 Crossrail stations including nine new underground stations.
We have been involved in Crossrail since 2001, helping to secure consent for construction to begin. In 2004 we were appointed as multidisciplinary consultant for the central tunnels, three new stations, railway systems and rolling stock.
Since 2009 we have carried out more than a third of all the detailed design contracts including:
- Liverpool Street Station – among the largest and most complex
- Sprayed concrete lined platform and crossover caverns for all of the underground stations – some of the largest underground spaces ever constructed under the UK capital
- Integration of Crossrail with the existing mainline railway at Paddington Station in west London
- Aerodynamics and ventilation of tunnels and shafts
- In-tunnel mechanical and electrical works
- Two state-of-the-art depots
- Traction power – providing resilience and promoting reliability
- Rolling stock specification
- Signalling – integrating heavy and metro signalling systems
- Tunnel fit-out