Change administration of site data (configuration data for roadside equipment) is a constant requirement as new schemes are designed and deployed. Trials of new technologies require safe and secure communications routes from supplier networks into the National Roads telecommunication (NRTS) network. Highways England requires a suite of technical services to help it as an organisation support these key service improvements.
We are providing a range of flexible and specialist support for the systems and technologies that support regional control centres (RCCs) around the UK. This includes:
- Analysis of requests to change the traffic management system
- Information security management
- Computer network design and support within the RCCs and other key highways England facilities, working alongside the National Roads Telecommunications Services (NRTS) supplier
- Administration of site data (roadside ITS configuration changes)
- Hosting and support of the Highways England site data centre system
- Site data designer expertise
- Production of witness statements for the Crown Prosecution Service
By drawing on our deep pool of skills and experience Highways England is getting the help it needs, where and when it’s required. We’re continually reviewing data management processes and methodologies to identify potential improvements and savings.