We were appointed by the Road and Motorway Directorate of the Czech Republic following international tendering to provide a wide range of consultancy services during implementation of this €420M programme.
The whole project consisted of 16 contracts for the rehabilitation of existing highways and bridges and the construction of new roads and structures. Eleven of these contracts involved reconstruction work on 317km of highway and the rebuilding or replacement of 83 bridges. The other five contracts focused on 13km of new construction, with 21 new bridges and viaducts.
Our role included:
- Monitoring all essential aspects of programme preparation and implementation and reporting these to the EIB and EU.
- Assisting the Roads Directorate’s project management unit in preparing individual projects – especially in assessing complex design documents to ensure a high standard of technical and economical parameters.
- Helping the project management unit prepare tender documents, evaluate tender offers and select contractors, in accordance with EU and EIB procedures.
- Supervising individual projects and cooperating with the Roads Directorate’s implementation unit in monitoring works progress and time schedules.
- Upgrading the existing road database and pavement management system.
- Introducing new techniques for road and structural rehabilitation.
- Preparing a highway economic assessment based on the HDM-4 model.