Electricity demand profiles are becoming increasingly unpredictable as consumer needs change and renewables are connected on the customer side of the meter, making it harder for operators to balance the grid. Moata Demand Forecaster provides electricity demand forecasts from real-time operational data, driving down the costs of grid balancing and integration by improving the accuracy of forecasts.
Accurate electricity load forecasts reduce the ongoing operational expenses associated with balancing the grid and assist operators in assuring security of electricity supply.
- Delivers electricity forecasts based on real-time operational data.
- Forms the basis for decision making, feeding into economic dispatch process, fuel procurement, or outage planning.
- Ability to combine with system modelling for operational/trading applications.
- Produces whole system supply/demand balance forecasts and despatch operating reserves when combined with yield modelling.
- Fully automated data management platform with state-of-the-art forecasting analytics.
- Data aggregation and cleaning.
- Data visualisation tools and customisable reporting and analysis.
- Single source of truth for co-workers.
- Forecasting accuracy reporting for continual improvement.
- Fully customisable solution that can evolve with the requirements of the client.
- Reduced operational costs from better decision making enabled by access to real-time reporting data.
- Improved forecasting accuracy enables cost efficient grid balancing.
- Systematic and best practice data management boosts efficiency and reduces the risk of human error.