Fire and rescue services are improving and upgrading the technology used in their control rooms. They will need to procure and deliver solutions that will be used and managed for the next ten to 20 years.
By managing successful projects now, fire services and the public will benefit from improved resilience and efficiencies in call handling, mobilization, and attendance at incidents.
Mott MacDonald provides specialist support and advice to emergency service organizations and users of critical national infrastructure, from technology strategy and technical advice to procurement and program delivery.
We support complex communications projects and provide tailor-made technology services to meet your needs. We can get involved at any stage or throughout the life cycle of your project, from business case development to full project management.
Our knowledge and experience, together with our unbiased, professional approach to selection and procurement, ensures the robustness of contracts and minimizes the risk of challenge.
We have an unrivaled track record in supporting command, control, and communications projects for fire and rescue services in the UK, having been continually employed on control room projects since 1995. Our oversight of the ground-breaking Firelink project has proven our knowledge of how emergency services operate and the economic challenges they face.
- Getting a partner that understands your business and operations
- Undertaking expert analysis to guide your decision-making
- Delivering a technology solution that meets your business needs
- Confirming that technology contracts will be robust
Meeting your needs
- Working in partnership and being a “critical friend” to meet your goals
- Providing in-depth technical ICT expertise and commercial knowledge
- Offering an independent view, with no vested interests or bias towards certain suppliers or technologies
- An independent consulting firm with no external shareholders — we’re not subject to the whims of the stock market or influence from suppliers
- Fielding a large team of consultants who can respond to your time scales
- Taking an open-minded approach to achieve maximum benefit
- Bringing a thorough understanding of the technology landscape to help clients make the right investment or regulatory decisions
Who we work with
We work with clients in the public and private sector. We have had a close association with the Blue Light community in the UK for many years, including the Fire and Rescue Service, police, ambulance, and other emergency responders as well as similar public safety bodies in Europe. This experience informs our work for National Regulatory Authorities and any project where communication services are paramount, such as power stations and in city planning and infrastructure.
Our clients include the following:
- National and local government departments
- Regulatory authorities
- Financial lender organizations
- Utility companies
- Telecommunication operators
How we work
We offer technical advice, procurement, project management and much more, including strategic consulting to help our clients improve their efficiency and performance, thanks to better processes and information and communication technology.
We offer these services:
- Project management
- Technical and engineering design
- Commercial planning, analysis, and procurement
- Testing and acceptance
- Service and supplier management
Mott MacDonald operates an accredited integrated management system in accordance with international standards (ISO9001), so all our deliverables are checked prior to being issued. We have considerable experience of being audited by third parties during public procurements and we know how to manage projects to ensure that they stand up to external technical, financial, or legal scrutiny.