Our experts are devoted to providing specialized advice on smart technologies for the utility sector. We bring together Mott MacDonald’s skills in information and communication technology (ICT), data communications, power generation (including renewables), power transmission, and distribution to deliver solutions that work for clients around the world.
- You need to improve efficiency and deliver better service to customers.
- You believe that technology may be part of the solution.
- You need a future-proof technology strategy.
- You need a trusted partner with the right track record to give an independent view.
- You want a robust action plan based on an affordable cost model.
- You need a one-stop shop that can combine ICT and sector-specific skills into a multidisciplinary team.
- You need a partner who can handle all stages of a technology deployment, from planning and business case development to procurement, implementation, and support.
Meeting your needs
- Development of ICT technology strategy and rollout plans
- Cost/benefit analysis of technology options
- Business case development
- Procurement and contract negotiation
- Resilience and security
- Policy and regulatory issues
- Multidisciplinary expertise across a range of utilities
- Designing and building networks
Who we work with
As well as the utility companies themselves, we work with other organizations that are involved in the utilities sector including: investors, regulators, telecommunication network operators, equipment vendors, and local and national governments. Our utility clients include BPC (Botswana), EDF (UK), CREOS (Luxembourg), EDM (Mozambique), E.On (Sweden), Escom (Malawi), Eskom (South Africa), Gecol (Libya), Gridco (Ghana), Nampower (Namibia), Ofgem (UK), and Zesco (Zambia).