Moata Carbon Portal allows detailed embodied carbon accounting and planning at all stages of the project. Our Carbon Portal is globally compliant with PAS2080 certification. The Portal delivers rapid calculations and insights that highlight major opportunities for innovation, efficiency, and competitive advantage for clients and aligns these with their end goal of reducing their carbon emissions.
This technology helps clients from all industries with carbon mitigation and physical adaptation on current and future projects. Ultimately we help clients to working toward a net-zero future that is achieved through knowledge, skills, and our technology — bringing enhancements to the entire supply value chain.
- Carbon footprint measurements for BIM-designed assets
- Rapid real-time carbon calculations
- Easy user interface with a variety of data visualizations on calculation inputs
- Multisector capabilities, with a selection of data rich libraries
- Global interoperability
- Project performance metrics and cost savings calculated in real time
- Key asset mapping with “hot-spotting” capabilities on designs
- 33,000 data-rich components available across many sectors
- Integration with multiple industry standard design and modeling technologies
- Off-the-shelf or customized configurations available
- Design savings
- Up to 90% project time savings for carbon calculations vs. manual methods
- Wrap-around service providing 30 carbon assessments in 30 seconds
- 8,740 metric tons of tCO2 equivalent avoided on the A303 Sparkford to Ilchester dualing project.
Environmental impact and risk management
- 16% carbon reduction at RIBA 3 project stage and $629,000 (£450,000) saving on disposal costs for Transport for London's Northern Line Extension.
- 651 metric tons of CO2 equivalent saved, a 30% reduction, for Colwyn Bay waterfront enhancement project
- Extraordinary 99.9% reduction, equating to 700 metric tons CO2 equivalent, for a Yorkshire Water project where rigorous attention to carbon led to an alternative solution that did not involve building the new asset