As Project Director – Transport Planner you will be a key addition to the continued development of Mott MacDonald’s market presence and its development. The role will present challenges to business/commercial experience and technical skills working with a range of private and public sector clients. You will be expected to have an extensive client portfolio and drive the development of new markets.
The Birmingham based Transport Planning team operates within an immediate network of 5 offices across the north of the UK. The team has doubled in size in the last 2 years, and has a strong forward order book.
The primary purpose of the role is to grow the teams business across Central England.
You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the teams’ wider portfolio of UK and international projects.
Current projects include:
- Birmingham International Hub study
- Cambridge Transport Strategy
- A10 Cambridge to Ely Startegy
- HS2 Connectivity
- West Midlands Major Scheme Business Case development
- Transport policy development in various Midlands locations (including the West Midlands Transportation Strategy)
- Major Transport Scheme development including Midland Metro lines
- Public inquiries for development plans and major transport schemes
- Relevant experience in transport planning with developed skills in an area such as, strategy development, appraisals, transport policy and master planning.
- Project management of a range of transport projects involving responsibility for resourcing, financial management and controls.
- Management of project teams including team mentoring and management involving skills transfer, aligned development to best practice action and activity.
- Meeting and liaison with a wide range of client groups enhancing and developing Mott MacDonald’s branding and market perceptions.
- Managing and communicating client’s expectations, delivery timeframes, risk analysis and advice.
- Key strategic input into divisional business activities, developments and business alignment including maximizing internal markets within the Mott MacDonald Group.
- Take a lead on business development in new sectors, writing proposals and winning work.
- Working in a team environment, represent and exemplify Mott MacDonald’s values in all actions and activities.
- You will be commercially and business focused, technically professional and will be seeking to enhance their career by utilising and enhancing your skills in a varied, dynamic and challenging role.
- You will have success in business development activities, preferably able to demonstrate successfully winning new work, writing bids/tenders ideally in a consultancy environment.
- First degree, or equivalent in a relevant discipline – geography, urban or town planning, transport planning, civil engineering or equivalent.
- MSc or further qualifications related to transport planning or transport engineering are of benefit but not essential.
- Chartered member of a relevant professional organisation such as ICE, RTPI, ILT or
- TPS.Postgraduate qualifications in Transport Planning (or equivalent) would be of additional value.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.