Opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Together with our clients, Mott MacDonald is solving some of the world's most intricate challenges. We search out the connections others fail to make; we unlock creativity and deliver better outcomes for the lives we touch every day.
Mott MacDonald is a wholly independent, employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering and development consultancy servicing public and private sectors around the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices and delivering projects in 150 countries. Everyday, we build upon our reputation for technical excellence by taking on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects, particularly in areas such as highways and bridges, rail and transit systems, tunnels, and pipeline services.
We are positioned for healthy growth, profitability, and career opportunities across North America and around the world.
As part of our growing business in North America, we want to hear from you: the enthusiastic, collaborative, and talented individuals who enjoy problem solving and pitching in to grow a successful business. Join our team of seasoned professionals who are finding opportunities through connected thinking to develop our Mott MacDonald global presence.
At Mott MacDonald, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Bridge Engineer based in our Toronto office. Reporting the Structures Team Lead, you will be involved with the delivery of a range of projects within the Canadian Division of Mott MacDonald,as well as supporting other parts of the international business in the United States and regions such as Europe and Australasia.
As an Bridge Engineer, contributing to the Canadian business as an integral part of the group, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Contributing to the design of bridges for public and private transportation facilities including roadway, rail, transit, and pedestrian bridges;
- Assist with the project management of bridge engineering projects;
- Provide structural technical support on a variety of multi-discipline projects;
- Prepare technical specifications and design reports including feasibility, renewals options and inspection reports;
- Prepare construction cost estimates;
- Provide input to the preparation of project proposals;
- Support various project teams and manage project deliverables where appropriate;
- Contribute to the delivery of projects in accordance with client requirements to time, quality and budget;
- Develop design drawings in conjunction with other team members and
- Provide support to other disciplines and offices, as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Mott MacDonald Canada Limited will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within our primary markets along with having the following candidate specifications (preferred candidates will possess the following):
- Graduate from a recognized and accredited university in Civil engineering;
- 5+ years’ of experience in structural engineering with a focus on Bridges;
- Registered or eligible for registration as Professional Engineer (P. Eng.);
- Toronto candidate must be familiar with AREMA
- Experience designing bridge carrying heavy rail.
- Experienced with Design-Build and traditional procurement methods;
- Proficient in the use of structural design software;
- Keen interest in delivering projects using BIM methods and technology driven solutions.
- Solid knowledge base in seismic analysis and principles;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain good working relationships with clients and project teams.
Work will be undertaken principally in Mott MacDonald’s Vancouver or Toronto office but willingness to travel and undertake short term assignments on site and affiliated design offices throughout North America and worldwide is required.
We are looking for enthusiastic, qualified and dedicated people to join our team who wish to make a difference to the world that we live in.
If you share our vision, then let’s discuss how we can help you take the next step in your career and how you can participate in an exciting new chapter for Mott MacDonald in North America.