Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
We are seeking an Assistant Project Manager to support a long-term major program for a transportation client in the Washington, DC. The individual in this position will provide project management support to the assigned the client Project Manager in the performance of general project administration activities. Regular site visits are required in order to successfully perform this role.
Under the supervision of the client Project Manager, incumbent shall support the Project Office in ensuring work is in compliance with Contract requirements. Ensures work quality and adherence to established standards, policies, and procedures; and performs related duties as assigned. Incumbent will also develop and maintain tools to track progress of construction activities and related issues, and follow up their resolution.
Duties, may include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop intimate knowledge and understanding of Contractual requirements related to design, materials, equipment, installation, testing, and commissioning.
- Review project plans, project schedules, and monthly reports and provide recommendations and advice to Project Manager.
- Review construction submittals, including drawings, shop drawings, product submittals, factory test reports, test procedures, test plans, and any other related documentation. Provide comments to contractor’s submissions in relation to conformance with client standards, criteria, and good industry practices.
- Participate in progress meetings to monitor the Contractor’s construction, quality control, testing, and schedule. Represent the client Project Manager as directed.
- Evaluate contractor change requests and recommend action.
- Make visits to site to audit and oversee construction, installation, and testing activities.
- Prepare field report of each visit and document observed work and any deficiencies identifies
- Observe work operations for compliance with applicable safety regulations; is alert for unsafe practices, and where appropriate, requests their correction by the contractor's representative on site.
- Develop tools to track testing progress and all client witnessing of testing. Ensure tools are implemented and maintained up to date. Track all identified issues to closure, in coordination with project team.
- Develop tools to track construction deficiencies. Ensure tracking tools are maintained up to date.
- Develop plans and procedures to document and standardize client project administration activities.
- Train project personnel on developed plans, procedures, and administrative tools. Ensure that project administration procedures are implemented consistently on both Package A and Package B. Share lessons across projects.
- Participate in quality audits and follow up on non-conformances to make sure root cause is identified and corrective actions to prevent recurrence are implemented. Act as point person for all quality inquiries.
- Support System acceptance and project closeout
- Performs substantial completion and final inspections of completed work and generates associated deficiency list. Track all open deficiencies to closure.
- Develop cost estimates for outstanding work.
- Review closeout documentation as needed
- Support project procurement actions by conducting budget analyses, budget adjustments, initiate and prepare Purchase Requisitions.
- Assist Task Order manager in identifying quality risks and prioritizing the deployment of project staff resources.
- Provide technical assistance and recommendations in administering change orders and processing claims. Prepare cost estimates as needed.
- Prepare monthly construction progress reports
- Participate in, or lead meetings as directed or necessary to accomplish the above tasks, and issue meeting notes.
- Advise Task Order Manager in regards to staffing requirements to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Task Order Manager, or his designee.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent business and technical writing
• In addition to degree, a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant professional experience is desired. Ideally, this experience would include the following:
At least five (5) years direct experience in the engineering, construction, installation, and testing, preferably within a rail transit environment.
A minimum of five (5) years of extensive, progressively more responsible experience in the management and administration of large engineering and construction programs.
Prior experience in a similar role in a similar size project
Project management / team leadership.
Construction or engineering experience that corroborates knowledge and understanding construction contracts and ability to compose technical/contractual written communications.
Quality Control / quality management
Prior client construction or maintenance experience.
Strong knowledge of applicable worksite Safety Regulations; demonstrated commitment to safe working practices
Computer skills, to include word processor software, spreadsheets, and construction document management systems
Proven team player skills with ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
Capable of reading drawings and schematics
Ability to analyze and interpret complex technical and non-technical documentation
Must possess a valid driver’s license
Other desired qualifications include:
• PE certification
• USACE/NAVFAC CQM Certification
• PMP Certification
Prior experience with a public commuter transit agency
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals