Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
We are seeking a System Acceptance Coordinator to support a major long-term program for a transportation client in the Washington, DC area. This is a project management position. Individual in this role will provide hands-on support to the efforts associated to verification of fulfilment of conditions for the client. Individual will assist task order manager and System Acceptance Lead in all matters related to project acceptance and closeout, to include coordination of post revenue warranty and punchlist work.
Under supervision of System Acceptance Lead and as directed by task order manager or designee, incumbent shall support the Project Office in overseeing the Contractor’s compliance with System Acceptance Plan (SAP) and support the client’s compliance verification and System acceptance efforts. Incumbent will perform selective auditing of project records to verify compliance with Contract requirements and the client’s standards. Incumbent will develop and maintain tools to track verification progress and issues that preclude System acceptance. This individual will also coordinate resolution of open issues related to closeout.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop intimate knowledge and understanding of Contractual requirements related to System Acceptance, compliance verification, document control, and closeout. Become familiar with Contractor’s document management systems, compliance verification methods, and related procedures.
- Provide day to day support and coordination of System Acceptance and Project / phase closeout efforts.
- Assist System Acceptance Lead in ensuring Contractor is documenting compliance verification activities in accordance with Specification 01 35 14 "Verification Requirements" and that records are accessible to the client. Perform progressive auditing of the Compliance Verification Matrix (CVM) as required. Audit documentation related to Contractor’s request for Dynamic Readiness as part of CVM auditing.
- Support enforcement of activities and deliverables associated with project closeout (punchlist completion, closeout submittals, record documents, spare parts, O&M Manuals, maintenance records, training, warranties, etc.) as requested by the Task Order Manager or his designee. Verify and document compliance.
- Perform audits to verify Contractor is properly maintaining current drawings, to include delegated design and shop drawings, such that an acceptable set of Record Drawings is delivered at the end of the Project.
- Track deficiencies / items needing resolution prior to Dynamic Readiness, Substantial Completion, Pre-Revenue, and Revenue.
- Provide support to the client’s document control efforts as requested by the Task Order Manager, or his designee.
- Support quality assurance efforts as directed by task order manager or designee.
- Review Contractor documentation for completeness and conformance with requirements.
- Track warranty and/or punchlist open items on both Phase 1 and Phase 2, and follow up on their resolution. Coordinate the scheduling and execution of corrective work projects with Contractor and client staff. Perform field inspections as required.
- Assist with project expenditure tracking. Review monthly expenditure reports. Ensure the client’s labor time sheets for field work are on file and validate charges with field staff.
- Support project procurement actions by conducting budget analyses, budget adjustments, initiate and prepare Purchase Requisitions.
- Assist in the preparation and editing of construction monthly reports.
- Prepare checklists, tracking tools, and reports as requested or as necessary to support activities described herein.
- Review incoming project correspondence and assist project management in tracking needed responses. Draft outgoing correspondence to the Contractor for the Task Order Manager, researching applicable Contract Documents as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management. Electrical or Mechanical engineering is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent business and technical writing
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant construction and project management experience is desired. Ideally, this experience would include one or more of the following:
- Document Control / Office Engineering experience, to include:
- Organization and Management of Construction Contract Documentation
- Proficient in the use of computer based construction document management systems
- Database management expertise and/or advanced excel proficiency
- Computer skills, to include word processor software, flow chart software, and presentation software
- Project acceptance and closeout
- Capable of reading drawings and schematics
- Ability to review and interpret complex technical and non-technical documentation to determine conformance with respect to applicable Contract requirements.
- Contract Administration, Resident Engineer or other experience that corroborates knowledge and understanding construction contracts and ability to compose technical/contractual written communications.
- Quality Control
- Engineering / Architecture Design
- Project management / team leadership – ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent small construction projects under limited supervision
- Proven team player skills with ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
- Design-build delivery experience
- Rail transit and/or large project ($400MM+) construction
- ASQ Certification
- Construction Document Technologist certification (Construction Specifications Institute)
- PMP Certification
- USACE/NAVFAC CQM Certification
- PE or EIT credential
- Prior experience with a public commuter transit agency
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals