Opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Together with our clients, Mott MacDonald is solving some of the world's most intricate challenges. We search out the connections others fail to make; we unlock creativity and deliver better outcomes for the lives we touch every day.
Mott MacDonald is a wholly independent, employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering and development consultancy servicing public and private sectors around the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices and delivering projects in 150 countries. Everyday, we build upon our reputation for technical excellence by taking on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects, particularly in areas such as highways and bridges, rail and transit systems, tunnels, and pipeline services.
We are positioned for healthy growth, profitability, and career opportunities across North America and around the world.
As part of our growing business in North America, we want to hear from you: the enthusiastic, collaborative, and talented individuals who enjoy problem solving and pitching in to grow a successful business. Join our team of seasoned professionals who are finding opportunities through connected thinking to develop our Mott MacDonald global presence.
At Mott MacDonald, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Senior Mechanical Engineer based in our Toronto office. The ideal candidate will be involved with the delivery of a range of projects within Mott MacDonald Canada.
You will be also expected to provide technical support to existing team members and you will contribute to a variety of small to large projects in Canada and internationally.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer working as an integral part of the Toronto office, your duties will include but not be limited to:
Managing the delivery of assigned projects.
Working and liaising with associated engineering disciplines as part of delivering projects.
Management of internal and external stakeholders.
Responsible for managing external stakeholders, ensuring client satisfaction and pursuing and promoting opportunities with potential and established clients.
Carrying out design and calculation work using relevant industry software.
Developing, maintaining and monitoring programmes for scheduling and reporting on deliverables across specific projects.
Maximizing profitability of projects, monitoring against budget, reacting and anticipating potential problems and communicating in line with client expectations.
- Demonstrating technical expertise, providing in depth knowledge and leadership whilst proactively coaching and developing more junior team members.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within our primary markets along with having the following candidate specifications (preferred candidates will possess the following):
- Degree in mechanical or building services engineering.
- 8-10 years’ experience in engineering design works.
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Experience working on a variety of Building design projects including, defense, energy, healthcare, stadiums, airports, schools, commercial, industrial and transportation sectors.
- Ability to produce bespoke building services designs to local standards.
- Ability to communicate and present to internal and external stakeholders and authorities having jurisdiction in a professional manner, both written and verbally.
- Ability to analyze information and offer proactive solutions to clients.
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude, to working with colleagues and clients.
- Experience of working within an Integrated Management Systems environment.
- Adaptable to working within different client environments/cultures.
- Willing and able to travel within Canada/internationally for projects as required.
- Strong technical and digital skills.
- Ability to deliver multi aspect projects on-time and budget to the satisfaction of clients.
- Working autonomously as well as within teams as scope and range of project interaction alters accordingly.
- Experience of working alongside other engineering disciplines within a multi- disciplinary design consultancy.
- Aptitude and desire for involvement in business development.
- Experience working on Building Services Engineering projects internationally as well as locally.
- Competent user of relevant design software packages.
- Understanding Low carbon and sustainable technologies.
We are looking for enthusiastic, qualified people to join our team who wish to make a difference to the world that we live in.
If you share our vision, then let’s discuss how we can help you take the next step in your career and how you can participate in an exciting new chapter for Mott MacDonald in North America