At Mott MacDonald we’re involved in solving some of the most urgent social, environmental and economic challenges. We help governments and businesses plan, deliver and sustain their strategic goals. Our experts have taken lead roles in many of the world’s highest profile infrastructure and development projects. So we have plenty of great stories to tell – and we want to do this in inventive ways that best engage the audiences we’re most keen to reach.
If you thrive on thinking creatively around communications challenges, contributing ideas and collaborating effectively with designers and writers to achieve great outcomes, then this role in our head office marketing team based in Croydon could be just what you’re looking for.
We’re after a designer with particular strengths in digital media who’s also confident working on print projects too – who can bring together all dimensions of a promotional campaign, from responsive emails, displays for events and exhibitions, stand animations and web banners to presentations, posters, adverts and flyers.
The rich variety of ways you’ll be helping us differentiate Mott MacDonald in our marketplace offers fantastic opportunities for developing new skills and experiences.
As an employee-owned company we believe that individual difference makes us more interesting too and ultimately contributes to making us successful. We’re not just an equal opportunity employer – in the last year we've won several industry awards for equality, diversity and inclusion.
We want someone who…
- Has a graphic design or digital design degree and some years’ experience working in a similar graphics environment
- Is a digital specialist with proven skills especially in After Effects, but also in Dreamweaver, HTML and CSS, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop – ideally for PC (knowledge of HTML programming in Dreamweaver would also be an advantage)
- Can demonstrate strong digital graphics experience (After Effects animations)
- Has strong knowledge of digital processes, keeps up to date with innovations and new ideas – and knows what it takes to create a great user experience
- Is experienced in developing graphics, 2D and 3D illustrations, maps/diagrams/charts
- Marries imagery and copy to grab attention and get the message across effectively
- Is highly creative, with excellent technical, communication and collaboration skills
- Will take a brief, interpret and expand it, test ideas and gain buy-in
- Pays meticulous attention to detail, is accurate and can work to demanding deadlines
- Is self-starting, highly motivated and hands on
If that sounds like you and you’re up for our challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Please include three pieces of work (primarily After Effects examples) that show what you’d bring to the role and be prepared to talk about them if we call you for interview.