Mott MacDonald is a wholly independent, employee-owned global management, multi-discipline engineering and development consultancy servicing the public and private sectors around the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries. We have earned a reputation for technical excellence on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects in areas such as highways and bridges; rail and transit; tunnels and pipeline services.
Mott MacDonald is positioned for continued expansion, profitability, and career opportunities all across North America and around the world.
As part of our growing business throughout North America, we are interested in hearing from enthusiastic and talented individuals who enjoy problem solving and who will contribute to a growing and successful business by being team players.
You will join a team of seasoned professionals who are looking to develop Mott MacDonald’s global presence.
Mott MacDonald is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a Senior Designer - BIM Specialist working as an integral part of the Building and Infrastructure group, your duties will include but not be limited to:
Production of architectural and structural BIM models and contract documents and BIM model coordination;
Perform clash detection in Autodesk Navisworks;
Use the Revit family editor to build BIM content for building components as necessary;
Prepare detail drawings, sections and standard details;
Interpret design sketches and details;
Produce engineering drawings associated with structural steel, concrete, masonry, timber, etc;
Lead projects involving drafting of structural and architectural drawings;
Follow design standards and guidelines and
Coordinate work with other disciplines.
- Graduate from a recognized post-secondary institution in in Architectural Technology, Civil Engineering Technology, or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years CADD design in Structural Engineering;
- Minimum 2 years experience with Revit Structural and Architectural 2016 Software as well as 2D CAD and other 3D visualization and simulation applications;
- Minimum of three (3) BIM projects that involve complex, multi-phase, large scale buildings;
- Thorough comprehension of parametric object-based models, design, engineering/construction models;
- Excellent graphic, written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and to set priorities and manage competing demands;
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, government regulations and building codes;
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team, and
- Demonstrate a reliable, responsive and positive work ethic.
If you share our vision, then let’s discuss how we can help you take the next step in your career and how you can participate in an exciting new chapter for Mott MacDonald in North America.