Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
We are seeking a system acceptance lead to support a major long-term program for a transportation client in the Washington, DC area.
You will be tasked with will providing compliance oversight management support to the a Washington area transportation client management team to facilitate the acceptance of the project. This support will be focused on the
compliance documentation verification efforts associated to fulfilment of conditions for the client’s acceptance. You will develop, manage, and document the verification process, and may also take active part in it.
Under limited supervision, you will be tasked with supporting the client’s project office in overseeing the contractor’s compliance with system acceptance plan (SAP) to ensure contract requirements are met and that client can accept the system. As part of the project, you will lead the implementation of the client’s compliance verification and system acceptance efforts. This process will generally entail selective auditing of project records to verify that work completed as part of the project is substantially in compliance with contract requirements and the client’s standards. As the system acceptance lead, you will interface with the client and contractor regularly and will also work in coordination with their rail activation project manager to ensure the client’s stakeholder’s requirements for acceptance are satisfied. Incumbent will also develop and maintain tools to track verification progress and issues that preclude system acceptance.
Duties, include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop intimate knowledge and understanding of contractual requirements related to System Acceptance, compliance verification, document control, and closeout.
- Provide day to day management, support, and coordination of System Acceptance and Project / phase closeout efforts.
- Provide oversight, leadership, and recommendations to structure the contractor’s compliance verification effort so that it aligns with generally accepted quality assurance methods.
- Ensure contractor is maintaining compliance documentation in accordance with established requirements and that records are accessible to the client.
- Lead the client’s compliance verification efforts.
- Become familiar with contractor’s document management systems, compliance verification methods, and related procedures.
- Develop a verification procedure to audit the contractor’s CVM and associated compliance documentation, including the associated work sampling methodology. The work sampling methodology shall be risk-based and employ statistical techniques.
- Develop, or help develop, a warranty claims procedure with the contractor.
- Assist the client management in tracking project correspondence to the project. Draft letters to the Contractor for the task order manager on matters related to assigned responsibilities, researching applicable contract documents as necessary.
- Coordinate with multiple departments and stakeholders to ensure their needs are met. It is understood that to successfully perform the above tasks the individual in this position will be required to develop relationships and interact effectively and frequently with staff inside and outside of the Project team, in person and in writing.
- Participate in meetings as directed or necessary to accomplish the above tasks, and issue meeting notes.
- Advise task order manager in regards to staffing requirements to accomplish assigned tasks.
I invite applications from candidates, with the following experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, or construction management.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant construction and project management experience is desired. Ideally, this experience would include the following:
- Document control / office engineering
- Organization and management of construction contract documentation
- Proficient in the use of computer based construction document management system
- Project acceptance and closeout
- Ability to review and interpret complex technical and non-technical documentation.
- Contract Administration, Resident Engineer or other experience that corroborates knowledge and understanding construction contracts and ability to compose technical/contractual written communications.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals