Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
The candidate should have an accredited engineering degree (B.S), have worked in a project controls environment, and have a desire to work on a large scale program with the intent of becoming a project controls specialist, or a career goal of being a future project manager in a consulting firm.
- Prepare and manage monthly invoices, prepared in accordance with client requirements, and coordinate with subconsultants with respect to their invoices.
Manage client comments, manage payment aging, and organize the reporting of cost, hours and disbursement back-up for clients
- Manage project control functions on infrastructure projects
- Prepare and manage scope, cost and schedule change control
- Prepare project progress, financial and resource information, including actual costs, earned value and forecasts
- Ensure that the engineering progress is clearly documented and measured against project baselines
- Ensure that all cost, schedule and risk project reporting and activities comply with company and client requirements
- Update cost control systems to reflect budgets, actual and forecast costs
- Review sub-consultant invoices and costs for appropriateness and recommend for payment
- Collate, compile and issue project status information for weekly and monthly report
- Interface and maintain liaison with subcontractors and others on project control related activities.
- Engineering Degree from a recognized and accredited university
- 3+ years experience working in a consulting engineering practice
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience as a cost technician in a multidisciplinary project environment
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in either engineering or construction related role a plus
- Experience in administering and managing cost and invoicing processes
- A high attention to detail and a fundamental desire for delivering the correct product at all times
- Understanding of and experience in project reporting
- Experience in administering and managing project cost control systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to use spreadsheets effectively to manage cost from various sources
- Assist the program manager in the preparation of contracts and other documents
- Advanced level proficiency with all MS Office products, including: Outlook; Word; Excel; and PowerPoint
- Ability to deal efficiently with priorities and manage time appropriately
- A dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals