We are looking for a Chartered Structural Engineer with strong technical experience and an ability to manage project technical delivery across a variety of technically challenging projects. The opportunity offers excellent leadership to work with us on some of our prestigious projects based both in the UK and overseas.
The successful candidates will have: day to day technical management of the team reporting to a senior member of staff.
You will be responsible for:
- Undertaking staff performance reviews and technical development
- Preparing and Managing the project structural technical plans and associated project governance
- Providing continued support through leadership to the team on Technical content
- Providing planning and programming of technical delivery through resource and cost management
- Identification and management of technical risks
- Growing the knowledge of technical engineering codes and requirements specific for current and future projects
- Developing the structural teams’ technical ability through staff engagement, problem solving and knowledge sharing
Writing and reviewing technical reports and presenting to Clients on the content, findings and solutions
- Technical problem solving through thought leadership
- Development and presenting of technical papers for internal and external publication
- BEng & MSc or MEng in structural engineering – Chartered with the Institute of Structural Engineers.
- Experience of Building and Building Fabric structural design across a multitude of sectors
- Detailed experience using Eurocodes along with past British Standards with reference to historic structures
- Managed a team in delivering building projects exceeding £20m
- Sound technical capability and detailed knowledge of industry standards
- Ability to clearly present and communicate technical content to a non-technical audience
- Lead and manage staff on multidisciplinary projects through effective programming of resources and deliverables
- Prepare sketches, technical reports and specifications
- Respond and fully engage with the team on technical matters
- Ability and propensity to coach and mentor enthusiastic and inquisitive engineering staff
- Ability to Identify and clarify client priorities and then monitor outputs of teams to ensure client requirements are met across the projects
- Ability to keep client contact so they are informed of progress, issues and problems
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel to produce project related documents
- Detailed understanding and use of Analytical/Design and CAD software along with the interfaces between data transfer links across packages such as Rhinoceros or Grasshopper.
- Growth in the use of BIM tools and CAD management systems