One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we’re helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
We – the Energy Unit, specifically the Power, Process & Nuclear division are recruiting for a Structural engineer to join our growing team in Altrincham or Risley.
- Be responsible to the project director for the delivery of a range of projects
- Project include new build design, analysis of existing facilities
- Be able to undertake structural engineering design services and technical advisory role
- Undertake the services above as required by MML role in the project (Lenders Engineer, Owners Engineer, Detailed Designer)
- Be aware of level of detail required for the different stages of the project (concept, preliminary, tender design, detailed designs
- Guidance and mentoring of less experienced engineers and graduate engineers
- Undertake design reviews of 3rd party deliverables, and be able to substantiate comments in discussions
- Conversant with latest codes and standards for design of structural engineering elements in power stations (thermal, renewables, hydro)
- In addition, ideally conversant in regulations and design philosophies used in structural engineering in the nuclear power generation environment
- Liaising with other design teams (and other disciplines) in the power station design environment, from both internal and external design parties
- Be familiar with procurement strategies for projects, and for design services, and different methods thereof
- Maintain client relationships
- Project delivery (monitoring of project spend versus budget, delivery to agreed programme
- Already have, or be able to have, security clearance SC1
Experience sought would be extensive experience in the defence or nuclear industry.
You will have excellent communication and leadership skills. Candidates from a wide range of industries will be considered.
For security clearance reasons candidates must be eligible to apply for security clearance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.