Mott MacDonald track record in rail dates back to the early 1900s with the construction of the City and South London Railway. We now provide rail engineering consultancy and advisory services through teams based in over 35 offices globally.
We have experts in railway systems, rolling stock, rail operations, asset management and infrastructure upgrade and renewal; many of whom have previously worked for infrastructure controllers, operators, manufacturers or contractors. We understand the vital need for robust systems integration and assurance and are able to address these.
Examples of our services includes: alignment, track form, train control, signaling, telecommunications, rolling stock, operations, safety assurance systems, mechanical and electrical systems, traction power, overhead line, human factors and ergonomics, RAMS, fire engineering, tunnels, bridges, earthworks, stations, intermodal depots, materials handling and freight yards.
Project - Government of India is implementing a Dedicated Freight Corridor project (DFCC). The Work on the Eastern section of the Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFCC) between Mughal Sarai and Bhaupur (approx. 402 Kms) is to be constructed as an electrified (2 x 25kV AC - 50 Hz) double track railway, capable of operating at a maximum train speed of 100km/h.
Mott MacDonald's role is for project management consultancy for the above mentioned project.
His major job and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Prepare take offs from drawings and compare with the site measurements
- Preparation and summaries of all measured works
- Preparation of Monthly Commercial reports in conjunction with other discipline QS team
- Maintain all QS documents and logs / registers applicable
- Certification of Interim Valuations and Final Account
- Reconciliation of materials and works executed during the month
- Preparation of rate analysis for extra items / non-tendered items
- Measure, value, submit and negotiate contract variations
- Technically qualified in Quantity Surveying / Cost Management.
- Should be B.E/ B.Tech/ Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 5 years quantity surveying experience within an Civil contracting organisation.
- Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse & able to accurately forecast cost.
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Has good practical organisation skills, planning of work.
- Be able to provide both summarized and detailed reports, on current activities.
- IT Literate able to use Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrable experience in Industrial Projects Like Pharma, Chemical, Food Processing & Manufacturing segment.