Together with our clients, Mott MacDonald is solving some of the world's most intricate challenges. We search out the connections others fail to make; we unlock creativity and deliver better outcomes for the lives we touch every day.
Mott MacDonald is a wholly independent, employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering and development consultancy servicing public and private sectors around the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices and delivering projects in 150 countries. Everyday, we build upon our reputation for technical excellence by taking on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects, particularly in areas such as highways and bridges, rail and transit systems, tunnels, and pipeline services.
We are positioned for healthy growth, profitability, and career opportunities across North America and around the world.
As part of our growing business in North America, we want to hear from you: the enthusiastic, collaborative, and talented individuals who enjoy problem solving and pitching in to grow a successful business. Join our team of seasoned professionals who are finding opportunities through connected thinking to develop our Mott MacDonald global presence.
At Mott MacDonald, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Responsibility for all aspects of assigned project work with an established team.
- Take the lead in the overall preparation and submission of design and co-ordination of electrical systems, including Medium and Low Voltage Power Distribution, Emergency Power, Small Power, Lightening Protection and Grounding, Lighting, Communications, Fire Alarm and Security Systems.
- Support more junior members of the team, act as technical mentor.
- Working and liaising with associated engineering disciplines as part of delivering projects.
- Management of internal and external stakeholders.
- Support senior managers running the commercial and contractual side of projects.
- Support managers identifying new business opportunities and involvement in bids/tenders etc.
- Offer consultative service to clients, exceeding expectations and delivering first class service.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within our primary markets along with having the following candidate specifications (preferred candidates will possess the following):
Minimum 10 years building services experience.
Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering from accredited University.
P. Eng. designation is a must.
Experience in leading electrical elements on building services projects, specializing in design of power distribution, lighting, fire alarm, and communications systems for sports, aviation, rail, transit, and/or healthcare buildings.
Experience of mentoring and leading project teams.
Enthusiastic and ambitious.
Excellent communication skills, including report writing and presentation.
Ability to lead electrical elements of several large projects or a portfolio of smaller projects.
Experience of managing client relationships.
Established business development experience is preferable
Experience of working alongside other engineering disciplines within a multi-disciplinary design consultancy.
We are looking for enthusiastic, qualified people to join our team who wish to make a difference to the world that we live in.
If you share our vision, then let’s discuss how we can help you take the next step in your career and how you can participate in an exciting new chapter for Mott MacDonald in North America.