Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defence, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Assists in preparing the annual regional marketing plan for the Water Sector within the firm, and after it is approved, assists in executing the plan.
Will work closely with the North American Water Sector Leader.
Responsible to identify marketing “targets” and to make initial contacts.
Will lead the preparation and presentation of proposals, and for all the work that is required to win and direct the execution of new work.
Responsible for developing new clients, identifying and winning new assignments, preparing proposals, and potentially managing projects in his/her respective are of expertise.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have a strong understanding of the water/wastewater/reuse market in California including both municipal and investor owned utilities
- Engaged and active in water/wastewater associations including AWWA/WEF
- Have extensive knowledge of regulations and strong working relationship with regulatory agencies in California
- Assists in the preparation of the business plan for the Water Sector in California (initially) and other nearby regions (future).
- Contacts prospective clients, determines their needs.
- Supervises process of proposal preparation.
- Orchestrates the presentation and selects the internal group which will make the presentation.
- Arms presentation team with the information they will need to make a successful presentation.
- Supervises the writing / execution of the contract.
- Manages complex infrastructure projects and supervises project teams.
- Responsible for quality control, oversight and management of projects inclusive of their commercial success.
- Responsible for reports, design documents (plans & specifications) or other deliverables that are sent to the clients.
- Usually responsible to bring in a predetermined client revenue in new business each year.
- Evaluates market reactions to proposals, projects and services and formulates the timely adjustment of business development / marketing strategy, proposals and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Prepares business development and project management activity reports.
Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in civil/environmental or related engineering disciplines from four-year college or university.
Extensive (15 or more years) experience/knowledge of engineering, construction, design, cost control and management required.
Must be licensed Professional Engineer in California and potentially other states within the region. Must have ability to travel to clients and job sites and be willing to attend meetings, events, or presentations after regular business hours.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals