Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defence, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
As an Entry Construction Inspector, you will be responsible for overseeing work in the Bay Area, CA.
- Under the direction of a Resident Engineer, provide construction support to the management team, and help to ensure high quality service delivery and a coordinated response to clients
- Involve delegated trust and authority, together with the use of initiative, at a level commensurate with the status of the post
- Check and document existing site conditions for suitability prior to construction
- Observe, check and record work execution is in accordance with approved standard methods,
contract plans and specifications
- Check instructions are being carried out
- Check setting-out and levels
- Check utility services locations and ensure their protection
- Record inspections, tests, work executed in Inspector’s daily diary
- Check materials delivered are as approved and properly stored
- Observe site safety and storm water pollution prevention procedures
- Measure work done and prepare quantity sheets for monthly progress payment
- Document constructed improvements and assist in the preparation of ‘As Built’ drawings
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering and/or Construction Management is preferred
- Have a valid driver license in CA
- Some experience in construction inspection is preferred
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals