We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
- Developing fire safety strategies, notably for sub-surface metro systems, rail tunnels and road tunnels;
- Specifying and interpreting fire and smoke modelling studies (we use a range of tools including the FDS and CFX computational fluid dynamics software);
- Planning and supervising fire engineering design work, from concept to detailed design stages;
- Planning and supervising site-based work, such as fire risk assessments;
- Ensuring that our work is delivered to programme and budget;
- Liaising with project stakeholders and providing expert advice;
- Developing relationships with key clients and supporting business development.
Essential academic, professional qualifications and experience of the candidate:
Relevant engineering degree, plus a strong track record of fire engineering experience.
Essential competencies / skills:
You will be able to demonstrate strong hands-on experience across the key elements of the role as described above, with the following specific competencies:
- developing fire safety strategies;
- specifying and interpreting fire and smoke modelling studies;
- planning and leading fire engineering design work;
- planning and leading any site-based work.
- excellent written and oral communications skills.