A core aim is to make a sustainable difference to the world we live in.
That translates into a focus on understanding our clients and their customers, to deliver outcomes that add value.
Mott MacDonald takes local knowledge and insight and pairs it with international expertise to deliver exceptional outcomes for our clients.
Mobilising innovative thinking, cross-sector collaboration, and the immense talent of our people – who include designers, engineers, project and programme managers, management consultants, planners, economists, cost consultants, technology experts, and infrastructure finance specialists – Mott MacDonald adds real value and delivers world-leading outcomes.
Our presence in Hong Kong goes back to 1957 with iconic projects delivered including the Hong Kong International Airport Terminal 1, Tsing Ma Bridge and more recently, the Hong Kong International Airport 3rd Runway and Concourse Scheme Design, Hong Kong Zhuhai Macau Bridge Detailed Design and the MTR Shatin to Central Link - Sung Wong Toi and To Kwa Wan stations and tunnels.
With almost 400 dedicated employees in Hong Kong, connected to the expertise of over 16,000 staff in 150 countries worldwide, we improve people’s lives through better economic development, better social outcomes, better businesses and a better return on your investment.
We provide innovative engineering designs and management solutions across the built environment, to help our clients fund, plan, design, deliver and sustain their goals.
Opening opportunities through connected thinking.
Reporting to Senior Environmental Consultant, you will be engaged in the identification and evaluation of environmental issues related to building and infrastructure developments. Your work will cover a range of environmental issues, which may include, waste management, land contamination assessment and environmental monitoring and audit.
Your Next Challenge
- Design site investigation programme for soil and sediment contamination assessment; lead, supervise or assist in data collection and undertake analysis of information
- Manage various waste management study, assessment and/or audit
- Coach and give direction to more junior staff working with you
- Attend design meetings, site meetings and all other project related meetings
- Participate in fee proposals, technical bids and tender submissions
- Develop client relationship and attend business related functions
- Degree holder in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or related discipline
- At least 3 years of practical experience in waste management and/or soil and sediment contamination assessment
- Direct knowledge of the Environmental Protection Department’s requirements and ways of working
- The capacity to work successfully under minimal supervision and an interest in developing as a team leader
- A team player with good interpersonal skills and presentation skills; well-developed report writing skills
- Proactive and quality oriented, with a client-centric outlook, together with a high sense of accountability
- Applicants who have become, or are working towards becoming a chartered member of a relevant technical institution will be preferred
- Good command of spoken and written English and ideally Cantonese