|Mott MacDonald is a leading consultancy in advising on the planning, development and ongoing provision of the full spectrum of coastal and port design. Mott MacDonald, recently working across the UK, in Suffolk, Colwyn Bay, Hartlepool, Dundee, and the south coast, and overseas in Dubai, Hong Kong, South Africa, India and the Caribbean has extensive experience in assessing the issues arising at the coastline in order to produce viable, affordable and sustainable solutions. We provide our customers with a range of technical expertise in areas such as coastal protection structures and flood defence for scheme development.|
This position represents a key addition to our well established team with strategic links into a multidisciplinary environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
|This role will be working closely with a range of coastal project teams leading or contributing to project deliverables.|
Responsibilities of the role include the following:
Essential candidate criteria include:
- A degree in Civil/Coastal Engineering (or equivalent), geography, oceanography. MSc/MEng or MA preferable
- Working towards Chartership with relevant professional institution
- Good experience in a broad range of coastal and port engineering and engineering design projects. Previous delivery of coastal studies / modelling important.
- Extensive experience of report writing and an aptitude and desire to further develop these skills
- Experience in contributions to project manager and integration within multidisciplinary project delivery teams
- Knowledge of hydrodynamic issues associated with coastal engineering including wave height development, wave run-up over-topping assessments etc.
- Full understanding of concept within coastal processes and coastal geomorphology / and or experience of using MIKE 21, LitPACK, SWAN, Delft packages etc.
- Experience of bid preparation and business development
- Sound understanding of coastal flooding issues
- Experience of interacting with coastal numerical modelling and environmental aspects ie EIA / SEA / AA an advantage.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Willing to travel