Opening Opportunities with connected thinking.
Together with our clients, Mott MacDonald is solving some of the world's most intricate challenges. We search out the connections others fail to make; we unlock creativity and deliver better outcomes for the lives we touch every day.
Mott MacDonald is a wholly independent, employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering and development consultancy servicing public and private sectors around the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices and delivering projects in 150 countries. Everyday, we build upon our reputation for technical excellence by taking on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects, particularly in areas such as highways and bridges, rail and transit systems, tunnels, and pipeline services.
We are positioned for healthy growth, profitability, and career opportunities across North America and around the world.
As part of our growing business in North America, we want to hear from you: the enthusiastic, collaborative, and talented individuals who enjoy problem solving and pitching in to grow a successful business. Join our team of seasoned professionals who are finding opportunities through connected thinking to develop our Mott MacDonald global presence.
At Mott MacDonald, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Working as a structural design engineer, you will support our continued and anticipated future growth through successfully delivering a wide range of projects.
You will contribute to the following activities within the project lifecycle:
- Design of transit and heavy civil structures both above and below ground.
- Design of non-residential buildings / enclosures.
- Conceptual / feasibility, preliminary, final engineering design and technical support during construction.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team of designers, project engineers and project managers in the delivery of projects.
- Working with other disciplines including Architects, Electrical, Mechanical and Piping specialists.
- Delivery of projects using conventional design / bid / build, design build and EPCM delivery methods.
- Undertaking designs in a timely and effective manner within the project cost and schedule constraints.
- Interfacing with other disciplines and offices as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Mott MacDonald Canada Limited will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 5 years’ structural design experience in an engineering consulting environment
- P.Eng designation or eligible for registration in Canada.
- Experience in the design of transit and heavy civil structures both above and below ground and, non-residential buildings / enclosures utilizing reinforced concrete, structural steel, and other materials.
- Interacting with geotechnical specialists and integration of soil structure interaction analysis into structure designs.
- Knowledge of performance based seismic design to current standards and knowledge of techniques to maintain structure stability in the event of soil liquefaction and ground movement.
- Experience in design software including (similar to) SAP 2000, S‑Frame, Midas, Response 2000, SP Column, L‑Pile.
- Knowledge of Canadian design codes and standards including NBC, OBC, CSA A23.3, CSA S16, CSA W59, CSA S6 and CSA S304.1.
- Preparation of designs, technical specifications, and tender documents for various delivery methods.
- Keen interest in delivering projects using BIM methods and technology driven solutions.
- Excellent communicator (both oral and written) and skilled problem-solver with a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service is paramount.
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude, to working with colleagues and clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain good working relationships with clients and project teams.
In addition, preference will be given to candidates who possess experience of the following:
- Knowledge of US codes and standards including IBC, AASHTO, ASCE -7, ACI 318, AISC 360, AWS D1.1, ACI 530, and AREMA.
- Design of masonry and timber structures.
If you share our vision, then let’s discuss how we can help you take the next step in your career and how you can participate in an exciting new chapter for Mott MacDonald in North America.