Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Mott MacDonald is hiring a Engineering Designer to support our office in Portland, Oregon.
Under supervision of a licensed engineer, provide civil, structural, electrical, or other engineering design in conjunction with Port engineering projects.
Provide project engineering support to Port operating areas and participate in special initiatives as needed.
Must be able to create contractually sound and biddable contract documents for projects related to the construction, modification, and/or maintenance of Port facilities, systems, and related assets.
Focus may include: streets and roads; parking lots; landscaping; marine operational areas; airfield; airfield apron areas including utilities; and remodel, repair, or construction of buildings.
Projects will occasionally require environmental remediation or have other environmental considerations.
Contribute to the organizations success through demonstrating client values while successfully achieving or exceeding performance goals and objectives for the following major job functions.
Listed in order of Importance:
- Plan, develop, and implement engineering projects with assistance from project manager; produce comprehensive project documents while working within established cost, quality, and time parameters;
Provide design work and technical direction for projects with straightforward scope or degree of difficulty; coordinate/create construction documents including designs, drawings, and specifications for projects with a typical estimated construction cost of $500,000 or less; provide team coordination and leadership with some assistance from project manager.
- Apply engineering skills to develop, analyze, evaluate, and set criteria for solutions to project related issues;
- Prepare cost estimates and time schedules for projects from budget phase through construction.
- Provide technical information to peer engineers, project team members, and/or engineering management to provide updates and/or influence decisions on technical issues.
- Prepare technical evaluations of projects.
- Provide technical support to operating facilities.
- Coordinate the use of external consultant resources when needed.
- INTERNAL / EXTERNAL CONTACTS: Construction contractors; architectural and engineering consultants; building code authorities and inspectors; environmental agencies; product manufacturers’ representatives and distributors; representatives of other agencies (i.e., FAA).
<o:p></o:p><p dir="ltr" />
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field (required).
- 1-3 years practical experience; or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience
- Valid Oregon or Washington driver’s license (required).
- Experience as a project engineering designer.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and present technical information to educate and/or influence decisions
- Ability to work with clients to develop project plans or participate with project manager in the development of plans for moderate- to complex projects
- Ability to obtain security badging at PDX and/or other Port facilities, which may require a background check.
- Working knowledge of: Interactive CAD design skills; MS Office and related personal computer programs.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals