One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we’re helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
The Energy Unit, specifically the Power, Process & Nuclear division are recruiting for a Structural engineer to join our growing team in Altrincham.
- Be responsible to the project manager for the delivery of a range of projects
- Projects include new build decommissioning facilities, new nuclear, analysis of existing facilities on nuclear licensed sites.
- Be a Chartered Engineer or approaching Chartership with ICE or IStructE
- Undertake structural engineering design services; primarily structural design of steelwork and reinforced concrete
- Conversant with latest codes and standards for design of structural engineering elements in nuclear licensed sites,(Eurocodes, British Codes, American Codes, Specialist design codes)
- Experienced in the design to extreme environmental events (1:10,00 yr return period)
- Conversant in regulations and design philosophies used in structural engineering in the nuclear licensed site environment
- Experience of the role of the Designer under the CDM regulations
- Experienced in delivering projects using BIM
- Familiar with workings as part of a multi-discipline design team in the nuclear licensed site design environment, from both internal and external design parties
- Undertake design reviews of 3rd party deliverables, and be able to substantiate comments in discussions
- Be aware of level of detail required for the different stages of the project (concept, preliminary, tender design, detailed designs)
- Guidance and mentoring of less experienced engineers and graduate engineers
- Project delivery (monitoring of project spend versus budget, delivery to agreed programme)
- Already have, or can have, security clearance SC1
- Experience of handling protectively marked information
Experience sought would be extensive experience in the defence or nuclear industry. You will have excellent communication and leadership skills.
For security clearance reasons candidates must be eligible to apply for security clearance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.