Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defence, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
The successful candidate will be a structural design engineer within the Mott MacDonald Structural Team in Los Angeles, CA.
The Structural team uses the best that technology can offer in the design and delivery of elegant solutions. This includes a digital engineering approach to design and documentation, encompassing a suite of tools in an effective digital workflow. Tools include parametric processes, advanced analysis, BIM, construction staged analysis etc.
Successful candidate will represent the Company
at project level, taking responsibility for the design, documentation, and delivery of projects. They will help maintain relationships with our key collaborators.
A successful candidate must be able to take responsibility for technical quality and accuracy of the parts of a project that they have
contributed to. They will also act as a mentor to graduate engineers.
What we like to see in candidates:
- Technical competence
- Self-motivation, a willingness to learn, adapt and excel
- A quality portfolio of major projects that the candidates are proud to describe. A real understanding of the ‘story’ of these projects and how they added value
- Varied building engineering experience with an in-depth understanding of structural behavior
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience and on a pathway to Professional Engineering registration
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Able to represent the practice at project level.
- Demonstrate ability to take responsibility for their work.
- Business Development
- Inquisitive by nature.
- Begin to make contacts with Clients/other design team members and build relationships
- Project Role
- Role will normally be a Design Engineer on projects responsible to other senior team members
- Responsible for the quality and accuracy of their own work.
- Be familiar with agreed fees/scope of services/program.
- Manage project resources/program.
- Attend design team/site meetings.
- Liaise and correspond day to day with design team/contractor.
- Receive all project correspondence.
- Company Role
- Attend team meetings providing feedback on your/company development where possible.
- Apply policies relating to health & safety, quality and training.
- Engineering Function
- Produce drawing list/calculation index/specification list/information required schedule.
- Produce design philosophy.
- Responsible for development and production of drawings/calculations/specification/ reports.
- Check drawings/review calculations as needed
- Demonstrate an ability in delivery in the 3D, BIM and Digital engineering environment.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of SAP2000/ETABS Structural Modeling Software
- Have a good understanding in the seismic analysis and design of a variety of structures
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals