We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
As Graduate electrical engineer your role will include but not be limited to the following;
- involvement in a project or a small portfolio of projects of various sizes from conception through to completion;
- assessing and understanding project requirements for electrical power distribution/transmission projects including substation works, overhead lines and underground cables;
- undertaking design across a number of disciplines for power distribution and transmission projects;
- agreeing timescales and specifications with clients and managers;
- analysing and interpreting simulation and test data;
- preparation of documents, reports and health and safety risk assessments;
- working towards professional qualifications and undertaking training;
- having an appreciation of the roles of fellow professionals on multidisciplinary projects and interfacing and coordinating with them appropriately;
- interpreting commercial and/or contractual aspects of correspondence with or between fellow professionals.
We would expect the graduate electrical engineer to have the following;
- achieved or expected to achieve 2:1 or above in Electrical Engineering (BEng), or a post graduate qualification (MSc) in Electrical Engineering;
- to have genuine interest in Electrical Engineering;
- high level of IT literacy and numeracy skills;
- ability to be adaptable and able to work both independently and as part of a team;
- will confidently build and maintain external and internal relationships;
- ability to produce clear and logical written communication;
- have a systematic logical approach to problem solving;
- pay strong attention to detail and demonstrate accurate work;
- flexible approach to work, and ability to prioritise and manage time effectively to meet.