Mott MacDonald is an employee owned multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy with over 16,000 employees worldwide. Mott MacDonald Ireland employs 150 people in the Power, Transportation, Civil, Structural and Environmental sectors in Ireland.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
We are currently recruiting a Quantity Surveyor to work as a key member of our Site Supervision team for the Clonakilty Flood Relief Scheme. The duration of the appointment is expected to be between 18 months and 2 years.
As Quantity Surveyor, you will work as part of the Employers Representative team based on site in Clonakilty, and will be responsible for the assessment of values due to the contractor for the works in connection with measured works and adjustments to the contract sum. We are seeking a highly motivated team member with excellent interpersonal skills to assist in the management of costs for this contract. We are seeking a candidate who will enhance our reputation with our clients and the people we interact with through this contract.<p dir="ltr" /><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt; text-align: justify;" dir="ltr" />
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- preparation of standard documentation – reports, valuations, letters, financial statement;
- preparation of estimates and cost plans;
- provision of financial advices including the impact of inflation;
- participating in contract reviews relating to the contract with the customer analysis of tenders and preparation of tender reports;
- preparation of valuations and financial statements; re-measure as necessary and adjust variations;
- assisting in the settlement of construction disputes and prepare and agree final accounts;
- attending appropriate design team and progress meetings as and when required;
- assisting in the delivery of our services.
We are looking for an experienced surveyor with the following:
- degree qualified in a quantity surveying subject (or equivalent);
- MSCSI / MRICS qualified desirable;
- Minimum 5 years post-graduate relevant working experience;
- proven skills and experience of managing high value contracts ideally within the environment and water industry;
- experience of pre-contract surveying duties on environment and water projects an advantage;
- proficient in using Public Works suite of Contracts;
- ability to build relationships both with internal management and externally with key client stakeholders;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Strong organisational and record-keeping skills;
- Independent and self-motivated;
- Excellent IT skills and familiar with standard QS computer software;
- Experienced in making decisions and presenting findings back to internal stakeholders.