Mott MacDonald ranked as IJGlobal’s no. 1 technical advisor for renewable energy infrastructure finance deals in 2017 and consistently top their league tables. Our work enables the most advanced solar solutions and systems as this market continues to grow towards becoming the dominant in the energy sector. Recent Solar projects Mott MacDonald has worked on include:
- technical due diligence and review of over 50 projects for French renewable energy producer Voltalia across Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America
- technical advisor on the World Bank Group's Scaling Solar Initiative, Africa
- lender's technical advisor on the San Pedro III solar plant, Chile
Our work is varied and includes due diligence studies (technical, contractual and financial) construction and operation monitoring, contractual reviews, energy yield analysis, irradiation studies, feasibility studies, market and strategic advice, project development assistance, regulatory development, analysis and review, technology assessments.
We’re looking to welcome a national advisor for solar to the energy management team in North America.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
First and foremost, this is a diverse role. You’ll act as a project manager on a variety of Mott MacDonald’s solar projects and utilize your intricate knowledge of solar for business development. From cradle to grave, you’ll be involved in a variety of the projects outlined above, both in the US and internationally. You’ll also be tasked with:
- Building on the strong international foundation of solar projects and help us to increase our market share across the US and elsewhere in the Western hemisphere while supporting our increasing activities with federally supported international programs.
- Acting as the North American lead for an integrated, global network, providing the chance to work alongside other professionals as part of a multidisciplinary project team leading to an understanding of projects from different technology perspectives.
- Providing top quality input into proposals and into business development efforts to build the Power Consulting & Advisory business in North America.
- Evaluate the business potential and build business cases; develop small and large scale solar projects up to financial close.
- Grow and nurture external relationships and build and maintain strong networks with key clients, business partners and competitors, driving joint initiatives where appropriate and using these networks to influence, close deals and impact the growth and direction of the business.
- Acting as a role model and ambassador for Mott MacDonald, articulating and representing the brand, vision and value proposition internally and externally.
- Establish and nurture an innovative, challenging, collaborative and high performing work environment, which supports and fosters the Mott MacDonald values and culture where results are driven by a total team effort.
We’re looking to welcome a candidate who has a track record of developing and maintaining commercial and technical solutions within the US power markets, and can demonstrate a wide network of contacts within the industry. We’d love to speak to you further about the position and invite applications from candidates with:
- 10+ years’ experience in developing solar PV power systems and projects; any exposure to battery storage systems will be a plus.
- A degree in a relatable major and preferably a master’s degree.
- Self-directed with ability to work well / seamlessly with a larger team, including outside experts (e.g., financial, legal, regulatory, etc.) but with an entrepreneurial style.
- Experience in the development of MW scale solar PV power projects from concept through commissioning and operations, with an emphasis in North America
- Financial modelling experience with knowledge of solar energy financing structures, including economic and tax assumptions.
- Direct experience with project management and business development; with an intricate knowledge of the US solar market.