For more information about our Water sector click here
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
You will be involved in the full project lifecycle, work ranging from outline design, through final design, to construction support and commissioning. You will be involved in the production/checking of both manual and electronic design calculations, technical specifications, method statements and risk assessments. You will also be responsible for the delivery of part/all design within agreed time scales and to an agreed budget.
You will also represent MMB in technical meetings with Northumbrian Water and coordinate inputs from other disciplines, ensuring an appropriate integrated solution. This appointment will provide you with the opportunity to use and further develop your technical and management skills, with excellent long-term potential to advance your career in a highly innovative, supportive, and collaborative environment.
Joining MMB will provide you with exciting opportunities to lead the delivery of an exciting range of water supply, wastewater, sludge and energy projects, working closely with our client and contractor partners.
• Qualified civil design engineer (preferably Chartered or working towards Chartership)
• Strong hands-on UK water/wastewater infrastructure/non-infrastructure experience and knowledge of infrastructure/non-infrastructure water and wastewater assets
• Conversant with relevant structural British Standards and experience of structural Eurocodes
• Experience using structural design/analysis software, and some experience of BIM
• A technical knowledge of the design of typical water industry structures, particularly water-retaining reinforced concrete structures and foundations
• Some experience of project management and delivering designs within time and budget constraints
• Good contractual and commercial awareness
Closing date for applications is the 23/04/2018
Salary range is competitive, commensurate with experience, skills and qualifications