One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we’re helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
The Energy Unit, specifically the Power, Process & Nuclear division are looking a Structural Analyst, who is proficient with finite element analysis (FEA), to join our team in Altrincham/Glasgow.
• Knowledge and experience in finite element modelling and analysis of complex building
Knowledge of ANSYS and/or NASTRAN will be highly desirable. Understanding of ANSYS APDL will be preferable.
• Experience in the analysis of nuclear or industrial facilities. Experience in using ASCE4-16 and ASCE43-05 for seismic analysis will be beneficial desirable.
• Good understanding and interest in structural dynamics for structural engineering in general.
Experience in working beyond codes is highly advantageous.
• Knowledge and experience in nonlinear structural dynamics is preferable, practical experience in dealing with impact loads and contact problems is highly advantageous.
• Good writing, presentation and communication skills. Working proficiency in English. Any other foreign language will be considered as advantage. International experience will be considered as advantage.
• Proficient in Word, Excel and Mathcad. Programming skills are highly advantageous.
• Ability to work effectively in teams.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in civil/structural engineering and be working towards achieving chartership. Candidates must be eligible to apply for and obtain security clearance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.