Mott MacDonald’s support services are the driving force behind our organisation enabling us to run efficiently and effectively.
The team works collaboratively to offer specialist advice, best practise and technology to all areas of our business specifically designed for our global reach.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
This is a specialist role, working on a high profile, demanding project to convert legacy reporting (mainly Crystal Reports) into new technology.
We require an experienced Business Objects Specialist to undertake universe design and report development within a Business Objects BI Suite 4.1 environment and ETL development using Pentaho.
You will work alongside specialist business analysts and other report developers, but will be expected to provide a suitable level of experience to guide the work and provide technical leadership.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Working alongside skilled Business Analysts and Business SMEs, you will:
Design and develop universes to meet Mott MacDonald's future reporting needs.
Design and develop ETL processes using Pentaho
Interpret the data structure provided and make recommendations for design
Understand and design data consolidations (Note: Data warehousing is a requirement now and you will require the ability to understand concepts and advise on future need).
Interpret functional and technical specifications provided by the Business Analyst and translate these into Business Objects reports, with associated data mapping.
This is a key part of the role.
Peer review the work of other report developers and make recommendations for improvement.
Carry out unit testing of your work prior to release for UAT.
Write technical design documents as and when required (an excellent level of written English is therefore essential).
Create change records in line with IT policy and carry out deployments between the development and test environments
Formal education and certification:
- University degree (or similar qualification) in the field of Computer Science or Information Systems (Highly desirable)
- Recent substantial in-depth experience of Business Objects BI suite (minimum v 4.1).
- Practical experience of universe design and development
- Experience of writing complex reports using Business Objects
- Experience in writing ETL processes (preferably using Pentaho)
- Knowledge of financial terminology.
- Personable, and able to engage effectively with all levels of the business.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An excellent level of written and spoken English.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and deliver to a deadline
- Keen attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable
- Highly self-motivated and directed