Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defence, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Mott MacDonald is seeking is seeking a Engineering technician to work at the Express Lanes Traffic Operations Center located in San Jose, California for one of our large clients. Under general supervision, the engineering technician shall be responsible for live monitoring of express lane operations using the system specific Toll Data Center (TDC) software, CCTV cameras and vehicle detection systems. The engineering technician will monitor the electronic toll equipment status using Maintenance Online Management System (MOMS) and coordinate all maintenance activities. You will also help coordinate incident management with California Highway Patrol (CHP) and Caltrans, and as directed and make changes to the Dynamic Message Sign (DMS) using the TDC software. You will also be responsible for preparing traffic operations and toll transactions reports. This position is a part time position, about 20 hours per week.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to, the following:
- Ability to work morning shifts between 6:30 a.m. – 10 a.m., and or evening shifts between 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Day-to-day management of the TOC, and monitoring of surveillance cameras, roadway detection systems and radio communications
- Ensure that TOC operations are conducted in accordance with approved standard operating procedures
- The client will provide all training needed to operate TDC, CCTV, MOMS, DMS, etc.
Mott MacDonald is a large, global engineering consultancy that provides cost-saving solutions. The engineering technician candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Familiarity with local freeways and roadways within the Santa Clara County
- Proficient in MS Office and be able to learn new system software applications
- Motivated and interested to learn basic concepts of traffic engineering
- Be detail oriented, organized, and possess the ability to work on multiple tasks with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Ability to speak, write and understand English fluently
- Must pass background and drug screen investigation