Mott MacDonald offers a wide variety of traffic engineering services including traffic studies, capacity analyses, modeling, and signal design.
Mott MacDonald's traffic engineers have extensive experience working with city, county, regional, and state agencies to produce traffic planning and management that balances efficient travel with health, safety, and environmental concerns.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
The successful candidate for the position of Senior Transport Engineer must be able to evaluate and develop road and traffic plans. Responsibilities include analysis of schematics and engineering data, offering recommendations for traffic and driving policies, designing transit means and studying the effects of the proposed road system on urban areas. They shall oversee the plans with contractors and propose schemes that shall optimise safety, efficiency and cost. In addition, the candidate shall be creative, innovative and willing to communicate at all levels in particular colleagues from other engineering disciplines, clients, contractors and approving agencies.
- Tertiary education in Civil / Structural Engineering
- Relevant experience in the following will be an advantage:
- Permanent and/or temporary road system design
- Traffic management
- Road safety engineering
- Construction management for road projects
- Authority submissions and approvals
- Good knowledge of infrastructure construction method
- Good writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Competent use of draughting and traffic engineering software