Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy, with a significant presence in the East Coast transportation and infrastructure realm. We have a brand-new opportunity for a signals manager to join our ever-expanding team in the Boston area and embark on one of the largest projects of its nature in the region.
Mott MacDonald has been engaged by a prestigious client to provide construction and program management services for a major transit program in Boston, MA. The signals manager will be a member of the knowledgeable program team and will provide managerial and technical leadership for all signals elements of the program.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
As the signals manager, your duties will include:
- Develop project and technical management principles and methodologies.
- Provide technical oversight, contract management and quality assurance for all vehicle projects.
- Communicate directly with the Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager on all extents of signals for the program.
- Provide detailed analysis and solutions to emerging managerial and technical problems.
- Provide expertise in the preparation and production of contract documentation
- Provide an engineering strategy for the performance of relevant enhancements to the scope of work.
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders are engaged such that interfaces are considered and appropriately managed within the projects.
- Ensure a quality process is implemented for any design, upgrades, manufacturing, installation and/or testing & commissioning project phases
- Develop processes and procedures to support program.
- Oversee and manage sub-contracted consultants to ensure timely delivery of the required technical and project documentation
- Coordinate and communicate with other functional groups of the team including program management, design management, construction management, interface management and vehicles management.
- Provide engineering oversight and technical support for the commissioning of signal, communication, and traction power systems.
- Report high-level program and regular progress to the team and for the client.
Our team of professionals provides cost-effective and innovative engineering solutions for the North American transportation and infrastructure industry with unprecedented success. We’re looking for a signals manager to join our team to continue this traction and invite applications from candidates with:
- Experience with train control technology including relay applications, vital and non-vital microprocessor hardware and software applications, track circuits, signals and switch machines.
- Experience with Positive Train Control (IETMS and EATCS) a plus
- Results oriented
- Focus on client requirements including technical, schedule and budget
- Capable of completing work in a controlled environment to meet budget and schedule requirements
- Must be familiar with train control industry standards, FRA regulations and AREMA guidelines
- Minimum of 10 years of responsible experience with train control system design and implementation
- A bachelor’s degree in a relatable subject.