Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy, with a significant presence in the East Coast transportation and infrastructure realm. We have a brand-new opportunity for a track lead to join our ever-expanding team in the Boston area and embark on one of the largest transit projects of its nature in the region.
Mott MacDonald has been engaged by a prestigious client to provide construction and program management services for a major transit program in Boston, MA.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
As a track lead, you will be tasked with:
- Interfacing with the design and construction management teams to progress track work for the Program.
- Manage any early procurement packages for turnouts and serve as the primary point of contact with the client on the technical input on these packages.
- Manage design efforts and assist in design coordination efforts with the client and program and technical team.
- Assist the design management team in responding to special tasks assigned by the client.
- Meet with the designers regularly to assess track design progress, facilitate track technical resolutions and carry out technical reviews of the designers’ track work.
- Input to risk register and manage risk resolution where possible.
- During construction, continue to support the program team to resolve track issues and support track work for the program.
- Facilitate technical input and resolution to submittal reviews when a technical disagreement arises between the client and designer.
Although this office is brand new, Mott MacDonald has an extensive and illustrious history in the Boston, MA area. Our Westwood (Boston) office has over 100 people with a fantastic, welcoming culture in a modern office.
Our team of professionals provides cost-effective and innovative engineering solutions for the North American transportation and infrastructure industry with unprecedented success. We’re looking for a track lead to join our team to continue this traction and invite applications from candidates with:
- Experience working in a relatable role on a major transit program
- Results oriented
- Focus on client requirements including technical, schedule and budget
- Capable of completing work in a controlled environment to meet budget and schedule requirements
- Must be familiar with industry standards and nuances
- Minimum of 10 years of responsible experience with train track design and implementation
- A bachelor’s degree in a relatable subject.