Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
The successful project controls specialist will join our dedicated transportation group supporting major transportation projects from either our Boston, MA office. We are seeking a professional, innovative, and detailed individual. You will primarily be involved in the project controls elements for a number of different projects. From resource management to cost and financial elements (estimating, forecasting, etc.).
As a project controls specialist, your day to day activities will include:
- Provide input to all areas of project controls, including: budget, cost, risk, and change management
- Work with various stakeholders to manage cash flow
- Compile, analyze and report on actuals and trends against current budgets
- Forecast, report, and flag for senior management budget reallocation needs
- Respond to client audits
- Provide accounting of all program costs at a project level in accordance with client accounting WBS through e-Builder cost module
- Account for and reconcile all commitments of program funding at a project level in coordination with clients Cost Management System
- Account for all expenditures of program funding at a project level
- Establish and update EACs (Estimate at Completion) for each project within the program based on contractual commitments, ICEs, trends, scope additions or deletions
- Provide cash flow projections of all program costs by client fiscal year reflecting expenditures, payment process, and timing of program expenditures
- Provide analyses of program funding requirements including the development of all supporting documents required to request additional funding
- Provide monthly reporting on program costs to support deliverables such as monthly progress reports and detailed monthly cost reports
- Provide internal and external progress reports as required, as well as other ad-hoc requests
You'll work alongside a talented, multi-disciplinary team of engineers and project professionals.
Our team of professionals provides cost-effective and innovative engineering solutions for the North American transportation and infrastructure industry with unprecedented success. We’re looking for a project controls specialist to join our team to continue this traction and invite applications from candidates with:
- Engineering / transportation / design project experience in a similar position (e.g. project controls, project accounting, cost estimating, financial analyst, etc.)
- An understanding of working with clients and engaging with appropriate stakeholders
- A degree or equivalent in a relatable major
- A minimum of 5 years' project controls experience
- Experience building relationships and ensuring effective communication with all parties
- Pro-active problem-solving mentality with proven experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi- disciplined team
- Broad experience in the application of project controls in engineering projects
- Relevant software experience with e-Builder, Deltek, Oracle, or similar ERP programs is preferred