Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Mott MacDonald is hiring a digital and building information modeler to support projects from within our Northeast Transportation and Infrastructure team. This person will author BIMs using a variety of software to support senior modelers and project teams by promoting and utilizing the best tools and systems framework for projects. Different tools and systems will require configuration and deployment based on each project’s requirements. Applicants should be interested in enhancing and expanding current BIM capabilities, and progressing new technologies like 4D Scheduling (4D), Virtual Reality (VR) and web based client engagement.
The role on project will be to both deliver designs, facilitate construction and to provide support to mega-projects with program management and construction management services.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or architecture, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 1-5 years; experience as a modeling practitioner working with project engineers or managers
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills to understand what tasks are required to deliver projects and assignments successfully, as well as solving technical challenges while developing new workflows.
- Genuine interest to develop and progress digital delivery with a propensity for learning.
- Excellent communication skills to work closely with teams and to function as a team player.
- Background in Autodesk tools and systems such as Civil3D, Revit, 3D Studio Max/Stingray
- Knowledge and appreciation for best performance in model-based design (BIM) protocols, standards, and software.
- Demonstrated ability to develop BIM drawings from verbal instructions, preliminary layouts, sketches, and project standards.
- Prepare final drawings based on prior work examples and other input from designers or engineers
- Maintain and improve on knowledge of drafting techniques, standards, practices, and engineering procedures.
Highly desirable experience includes engineering application experience, specifically:
- Experience with infrastructure projects in one or more of these fields: Rail, Transit, Bridges, Tunnels, or Civil works.
- Experience in Autodesk BIM Software: Dynamo, Subassembly Composer, Navisworks, ReCap, and InfraWorks
- ESRI ArcGIS ArcMap workflows
- Bentley Software: MicroStation, OpenRoads, ConceptStation, and ContextCapture
- Understanding of LiDAR and Photogrammetry is beneficial.