Our transportation portfolio is primarily a UK based business working in three key sectors of rail, highways and aviation.
We deliver programme, project and commercial management services to clients in mainland Europe, Africa, Middle East, India and Australasia and supporting other parts of the transportation business across the globe.
Our vision is to deliver major transportation projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide ranging consultancy as ‘credible’ and ‘preferred’ for our existing and new clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Due to a recent project award Mott MacDonald have a new requirement for a solid Senior Planning Engineer to support a client lead initiative on a major project within the London area. The role will involve the following:
• Setup and maintain construction programmes, create, update and progress baseline schedule plans and recording of progress, resource loading and expenditure
• Calculate Earned Value using SPI and CPI
• Preparing planning procedures in compliance with the Project Programming Procedure and roll-out to consultants
• Arranging planning workshops to roll-out the agree work breakdown structures and working methods to the various planning contributors
• Assist in future planning tool specification and roll-out, training and mentoring
• Work within multidisciplinary project teams providing planning support to both the project team and clients
• Liaise with the project’s work stream managers to develop the plan/s at work stream level then to integrate the discrete plans into a programme, being aware of interface activities as appropriate.
A degree within engineering.
Extensive working knowledge of NEC3 contracts
Experience of Critical path analysis
Stakeholder engagement to discuss planning solutions.
Experience in delay claims and forensic planning.
Demonstrable experience of Earned Value Analysis
Able to carry out and advise on critical path analysis
Experience on major construction or engineering projects having developed and maintained multilevel project schedules from tender stage to commissioning within a consultancy environment.
Advanced user of Primavera (P6)
Major project planning experience working on projects such as residential housing, hospitals, schools
The following certifications are required: CSCS card, IOSH Working Safely, ISO Auditor
Excellent communication skills