Efficient, safe, and reliable highway infrastructure is absolutely vital to a country's well-being. Our highway consultants combine technical and business expertise to deliver innovative solutions that meet client challenges and the diverse transport needs of communitiesWe are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Our aim is to add value for our clients at every stage of project development. This includes the adoption of "lean" principles throughout the project life cycle, active risk management, and control, while transferring the knowledge and best practice we've acquired from working on a diverse range of projects worldwide.
Our people are motivated, well trained, and experienced across all transport sectors. We actively help infrastructure owners and operators achieve their strategic objectives, by adding long-term value and optimizing performance.We are looking for a Senior Highway Engineer within established Civil/Structural Infrastructure Group.
This is a ‘hands on’ role and the candidate must have a seasoned background in working on transport infrastructure schemes, predominantly highways, but may also include master planning and consideration of rapid transit modes.
Key responsibilities and duties of this position include:
- To prepare designs, reports, specifications and other deliverables for highways schemes
- To ensure designs are appropriate and meet the expected levels of technical excellence
- Assisting with feasibility, preliminary and detailed design work relating to highways engineering projects
- Ability to communicate knowledgably in all aspects of the project
- Has firm understanding of local authority approvals process
- Maintaining brand reputation whilst undertaking the project (both with this Group key client and in the wider industry)
- Identifying, building and maintaining key relationships both internally within Mott MacDonald and externally with key clients
- Degree qualified, Chartered engineer (Incorporated Engineer will be considered) with ICE or CIHT.
- Should have minimum 9 years in design of highway projects
- Demonstrable experience of project management across multi-disciplines.
- Commercial awareness, financial and technical reporting ability.
- Able to interpret client requirements to produce a sound engineering proposal.
- In-depth knowledge of international/Singapore highway design standards.
- Established understanding of BCA/LTA and other authority requirements and approval process in Singapore.
- Possess good command of road design using MX Roads, Open Roads or Civil 3D software and preferably competent with AutoCad and GIS software.
- A confident communicator with good verbal and written skills.
- Ability to assist in the development of the business and mentor junior colleagues.
- Willing on occasions to travel within S E Asia to support other projects.