As a member of the Advisory team you will work across multiple sectors such as Buildings, Energy, Environment, Water and Transportation.
Mott MacDonald is a global management, engineering, and development consultancy.
What makes us different is that we approach problems from a fresh perspective. As an employee-owned company, we have the freedom and independence of mind to find new ways to enhance human well-being and foster social and economic development through connected thinking.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Your role will require you to liaise closely with multiple stakeholders and clients, lead multi-disciplinary design teams, draft and manage the production of project delivery plans, reports and tender documents, monitor cost and schedule and manage the Health and Safety and Quality Assurance aspects of projects.
You will be confident in contributing to a technical team and as a key member of a project team, liaising directly with the client, project sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Degree qualification
- Project Management qualification PMI, APM
- Experience in MSP, and/or Primavera
- At least 6+ year’s Post graduate experience of working on construction industry projects in design and project management
- Applicants to be near chartered or recently chartered of a recognised construction industry institution
- Analytical thinker capable of developing wide ranging, incisive questions to accurately define a client brief including experience in developing the client brief into an effective solution for implementation.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate on own initiative.
- Ability to demonstrate strong inter-personal skills.
- Experience in chairing internal and external meetings, including client and stakeholder meetings.
- Ability to respond effectively to wide ranging challenges and a determination not to be thwarted by adversity.
- Effective time management and project planning skills.
- Experience and ability to prepare detailed project programmes.
- Experience of successful delivery of projects to programme.
- Experience of implementing and operating multiple projects in line with integrated quality, safety and environmental management systems.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience in effective management of individuals and small teams.
- Experience of operating as design team leader, ideally for multidisciplinary projects.
- Ability to set up, monitor and control project cost budgets.
- Ability to operate Earned Value Analysis on projects.
- Be familiar with and actively participate in change control procedures.
- A working knowledge of risk management in project delivery.
- Ideally be able to demonstrate experience of managing projects throughout its lifecycle
- Ideally experience in contract procurement and works contract administration.
- Fully competent in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project and Powerpoint