Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Mott MacDonald is a full services engineering firm ranked 33rd in the top 500 design firms in the country.
The wide array of design opportunities and participation in to gain experience in local and international projects provide great exposure to real world engineering that is invaluable in career development and preparation for the P.E. exam.
Mott MacDonald is looking for a qualified candidate with a desire to impact the infrastructure industry alongside our structural team in the Pensacola, FL office. The ideal candidate will:
- Perform structural analysis and design of concrete, steel, masonry, and timber structures with an emphasis on marine and waterfront projects, but also to participate in municipal, educational, water/wastewater, and transportation projects
- Support the development of construction drawings utilizing ACAD, Revit, and MicroStation
- Perform field inspections and report writing, under direct supervision.
- Design calculations, understanding load path, generating design loads;
- Will be required to read and comprehend building codes and design manuals;
- Review of submitted material from construction activities;
- Support the development of technical specifications and engineer’s estimates;
- Write narratives for use in specifications or memo’s to clients; many other various related tasks.
Typical structures designed include bulkhead walls, loading platforms, fendering/mooring dolphins, ro-ro ramps, aids to navigation, navigation channels, and other related elements for industrial, commercial, and public marine operations.
The following skills are either required or preferred for the ideal candidate:
- Bachelors of Civil Engineering (emphasis in structures)
- 0-3 years experience in the design of structures
- Experience with MS Office
- Masters in Structural Engineering
- FE certification preferred; required within six months of employment
- Experience in design or construction
- Experience with AutoCAD, MicroStation and/or Revit
- Knowledge of MathCAD, SAP and/or STAAD a plus