At Mott MacDonald, we have a global team of over 200 IT specialists dedicated to advancing the tools we use and supporting our 16,000-staff based in 180 offices. The Operation Centre in Chennai is a centralised support centre for global IT services in Mott MacDonald which provides 24x7 service desk support and up to L3 level support for applications and infrastructure support services.
The Infrastructure Support Lead reports to Head of IT Operations centre for managing overall Infrastructure service support undertaken by the Operation Centre and providing operational leadership to the infrastructure support staff in Chennai whilst ensuring the global processes are adhered to. The functional governance and framework for Infrastructure operations will be in coordination with the services owners for infrastructure operations under the regional Infrastructure managers and the Head of Infrastructure in the UK.
Lead a team and own monitor operational support activities under:
- Hosting services – servers, storage, patching, updates, backups, compliance, capacity monitoring, Hyper-V, VMware, .Net, Cloud based services support and maintenance
- Platform Services – AD and permissions, certificate renewals, security, Database management and support
- Unified Communications- O365- Skype, Exchange online
- Network and datacentre services – MPLS, DIA, SDWAN, Wi-Fi, Cisco/Meraki Firewalls, VPNs, clusters, internet routing and switching protocols, coordination of services at Data centre, Network operating systems management and support
- Disaster recovery operation
- Responsible for 24/7 monitoring of IT Environment and Support, for running an ITIL compliant operation and enforcing security and compliance requirements
- Responsible for the management of all incidents and requests in Infrastructure Operations queue for prompt closure.
- Coordinate and manage communications for major and high impact incidents and escalations as required.
- Coordinate resolution of Infrastructure issues by local staff and improve the knowledge and capabilities through skillset development and knowledge management.
- Prioritise functional and hierarchical escalations from customers to ensure that they receive the highest level of service.
- Coordinate collaborative functioning with Infrastructure service owners and their teams
- Manage resources for providing adequate cover for support per shift.
- Escalate any resource/technical/coordination issues to Head of IT Ops Centre if required
- Conduct feedback meetings, PDRs and monthly 1:1s with each analyst, using performance analytics to improve service support.
- Ensure timely and effective resolution of all customer incidents and requests.
- Ensure timely escalation to core support teams/ external vendors where required
- Manage continual service improvements to deliver improved Infrastructure services.
Formal Education & Certification
University degree or diploma in computer science or Engineering -Essential
ITIL v3 Certification -Highly Desirable
CCNA, ITIL V3, MCSA -Highly Desirable
Knowledge and Experience
Minimum of 6 years’ experience in IT infrastructure support with at least 2 years in a lead position. --Essential
Experience working in an ITIL environment -Essential
Knowledge of Service Management best practices -Essential
Ability and experience of working across diversity of BU divisions and IT functions -Essential
Should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
Exceptional team leadership skills.
Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Keen to learn and ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
The ability to independently react to work priority adjustments, alterations promptly and efficiently.
Flexibility of working to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
Shift work: 40 hours per week (extendable up to 48 hours/week based on shift management requirements)
However, you may be required to work for longer periods
General Behavioral Competencies
We are better together.
We always do what is right.
• Respect: We appreciate others and care about the wider community.
We strive to improve and to exceed expectations.