Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defence, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Mott MacDonald is seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as a Senior Project Manager or Project Director on rail and transit projects in California.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an outstanding reputation in the US marketplace, helping to promote the continued growth of our industry leading Rail/Transit practice for our West Unit which is headquartered in Los Angeles, California. The practice portfolio includes a wide span of expertise in rail systems and infrastructure, including planning, design, design-build, construction support and management, condition and safety inspections and program management. The selected individual will have a significant role in the development, direction and growth of our rail and transit business, through the successful delivery of significant transportation projects.
The individual will have the opportunity to directly manage or provide oversight to a variety of rail and transit projects ranging from conceptual or preliminary engineering through final design, construction management.
They may also fill a role in delivery of Design Build (DB) projects and should have the demonstrated capability and temperament to function effectively in that environment.
To function effectively in this senior management role the candidate must possess an appropriate mix of technical, management and leadership skills.
Mott MacDonald’s goals are focused on providing our clients with the best and brightest engineers and planners to help them successfully deliver their projects while enhancing our current service offerings.
The individual will help build and expand our current client base, and be a leader in providing high quality and economical solutions.
They will fill a role as a client manager of a selection of major transportation clients in the California Market
The responsibility includes providing oversight and monitoring of all stages of a project life cycle including pre-award and post award coordination with internal and external clients and ensuring the deliverables are on time, within schedule, within budgetary parameters, and of the highest quality and to the client’s satisfaction, every time.
Candidate’s must have a demonstrated history of profitable and successful project management experience and the capability of being a team player and excellent communicator. In addition to the other qualities and qualification of the successful candidate the role will include recruiting, coaching, mentoring and nurturing of staff to develop and strengthen competency and technical expertise within the practice.
The successful candidates will join an existing experienced team as part of our West Unit with a specific focus on our Southwestern Division. Both the Unit and Division are headquartered in Los Angeles where we have a dedicated team of design and management professionals.
- A minimum of 25 Years of increasing responsibilities within the rail transit or railway industries as a California licensed Professional Engineer;
- Demonstrated excellent relationships with local strategic transportation clients across Southern California and the Western United States;
- A minimum of 10 years of senior experience on major rail and transit project with increasing responsibilities
- Capable of serving as Project Manager or Project Director for major projects;
- Experience with heavy rail, light rail, Metros, and high speed rail projects;
- Active in industry organizations such as AREMA, APTA, TRB, or RSSI.
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role with responsibility for developing and implementing effective business and strategic plans, skill development programs, and staff mentoring.
- Willingness to be a leader within our rail and transit practice in a dynamic and global company with an eye on technical excellence, client satisfaction, and team building.