Mott MacDonald is a $2bil engineering consultant with a truly global presence. Our North America teams are going from strength to strength, with multi-award winning, prestigious projects across Energy, Transportation, and Water/Wastewater at the forefront of our offering.
We, our clients and our project partners, have been reaping the benefits of our vision: better resolved solutions, reduced waste both in time and in materials, faster project delivery, reduced risk, enhanced sustainability and better whole-life performance. Right the way through the asset life-cycle, technology saves time and money. It enables more effective integrated through-life information management as well as stronger business continuity.
We’re now looking to welcome a technology leader to join our energy team, to continue this momentum.Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
The energy technology leader will focus their attention primarily on delivering strategy, input and direction for unit level technology needs, and direct support for technology initiatives and projects within the unit. The role will lead, coordinate and ensure completion (including implementation) for the unit strategic technology initiatives and will be involved within the unit, both with project delivery staff and the unit leadership to agree strategy at the unit level; as well as helping to define standard ways of working on projects within practices and sectors. The role will also:
- Take the lead in working with business development to showcase technological capabilities.
- Present technology capabilities to clients and partners as needed, including development of presentations and multimedia formats.
- Evaluate trends in the industry to identify, scope, develop and implement technology to provide differentiated services for small to large projects, including identifying, directing, and aiding technology users during a project lifecycle.
- Coordinate with our internal resources to maintain focus and deliver the technology solutions.
- Identify, outline, execute, monitor and implement technology solutions for adoption and implementation at the client/project based on the strategy.
- Report and maintain visibility to management on current and projected state with respect to technology implementation and management.
- Search out/pursue, test and benchmark software, commercially available or custom developed, monitor usage and versioning, and make appropriate recommendations for improvements, upgrades and purchases.
- Develop Strategies for automation and efficiencies
- Develop technology plans during proposal stages through to project implementation
Underpinning our identification, implementation and use of technology is the focus for this position to create a track record of innovation and excellence, technical, commercial and management solutions. This is our digital-forward philosophy and we’re looking for someone to come on board and to welcome this ethos. We invite applications from candidates with the following experience:
- Experience in delivering technology enabled or digital delivery related products and projects in relatable industries
- Experience managing teams, complex projects and engaging stakeholders to further objectives
- Experience developing innovative practices in technology to achieve competitive edge
- Proven experience in quality assurance/quality control process, project controls, and information management.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate people and build a high-performance team through effective staff coaching, motivation and mentoring skills
- Effective stakeholder and client engagement skills
- Proficient understanding in coordination and lifecycle management of Engineering and Mapping related technologies and projects
- Detailed understanding in ESRI ArcMap, ArcGIS online, ArcGIS for AutoCAD, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Map3D, CadWorx, Plant3D, AutoCAD CIVIL 3D, Revit 3D modelling (Architecture, Structure, Electrical, and Mechanical), Revit & Navisworks integration and clash detection tools, Microsoft Office, BlueBeam, Revu, ProjectWise, and SharePoint
- Understanding of AIA, BS1192, National CAD standards, Revit LOD industry standards
- University degree in engineering, construction management or related subject
- 10+ years of experience in delivering technology enabled or digital delivery related projects in suitable industries, preferably the architectural, engineering and construction industry, to include:
- experience in delivering consultancy services
- experience in managing teams
- experience in preparing and delivering business cases to senior stakeholders